Our Membership Application to World Design Organization Has Been Accepted
Our application to World Design Organization, which is an international professional organization accepted in the private counseling status of the United Nations and consisting of 140 members from 40 countries around the world, has been confirmed and Atilim University has been announced as the member institution in the official website of the organization.
An international non-profit organization, World Design Organization – WDO, (former name: International Council of Societies of Industrial Design – ICSID) primarily aims to "protect and promote the interests of the profession of Industrial Design." Founded in 1957 and including more than 140 corporate members, WDO acts as a common entity to declare the opinions of its members in international platforms. In the development of industrial design society, the students of industrial design act as an international network in the recognition of professional designers.
Professional organizations, promotional associations, public agencies and educational institutions may become a member of WDO, and thus these organizations and institutions can act as a large network covering professional, amateur and educational processes.
The advantages we obtain with our membership to WDO are to:
- Have the privilege to be informed about all events of WDO
- Have the opportunity to be informed about the industrial designers all around the world by being included in the communication of a large member network
- Be eligible participate in the events organized specifically for members around the world
- Earn international visibility and recognition
- Receive support and approval for our events
- Be announced in the website of WDO which is a prestigious platform
- Be eligible to use WDO logo
The Turkish institutions who are the members of the most prestigious industrial design organization in the world are as follows:
Industrial Designers Society of Turkey/Endüstriyel Tasarımcılar Meslek Kuruluşu
Istanbul Medipol University
International Design Fairs /Uluslarasi Fuarcilik A.S.
Istanbul Technical University (ITU)
Izmir University of Economics
Kale Group of Companies
Middle East Technical University (METU)
Furniture Associations Federation (MOSFED)
Ozyegin University (OzU) / Istanbul Institute of Design
Turkish Patent Institute
Vestel Electronics Company
Eczacibasi Building Products Company / VitrA