Diploma Supplement (DS)
Atılım University was awarded with Erasmus University Charter in 2004 and has been participating in the Erasmus programme since then.
Diploma Supplement is being issued in a widely spoken European language (English), given automatically and free of charge to every student upon graduation at Atilim University.
What is a Diploma Supplement (DS)?
The Diploma Supplement (DS) is a document attached to a higher education diploma, providing a standardized description of the nature, level, context and status of the studies completed by its holder. It offers a number of benefits for students and higher education institutions in terms of promoting transparency in higher education, mobility, and lifelong learning opportunities. It is composed of eight sections of information:
- Information identifying the holder of the qualification
- Information identifying the qualification
- Information on the level of qualification
- Information on the contents and results gained
- Information on the function of qualification
- Additional Information
- Certification of the supplement
- Information on the national higher education system
What is not a Dipploma Supplement (DS)?
- It is not a Curriculum Vitae.
- It is not a substitute for the original qualification or a transcript.
- It is not an automatic system that guarantees academic or vocational recognition.
Benefits of the Dipploma Supplement (DS) for Students
- A diploma that is more readable and easily comparable abroad.
- A precise description of their academic career and the competencies acquired during the study period.
- Objective description of their achievements and competencies
- Easier access to opportunities of work or further studies abroad
Benefits of the Dipploma Supplement (DS) for Higher Education Institutions
- It facilitates academic and professional recognition, thus increasing the transparency of qualifications,
- It protects national/institutional autonomy while offering a common frame which is accepted all over Europe,
- It promotes informed judgments about qualifications that can be understood in another educational context,
- It raises the visibility of the institution abroad,
- It promotes the employability of their graduates at national and international level,
- It helps to save time since it provides the answers to a lot of recurrent questions put to administrative services in institutions about the content and portability of diplomas.
Implementation of ECTS at Atılım University
Atılım University applies the following ECTS structures:
- First cycle (4 year Bachelors degree) programme: 240 ECTS
- Second cycle (Master’s degree) programme with Thesis: 120 ECTS
- Second cycle (Master’s degree) programme without Thesis: 90 ECTS
- Third cycle (PhD) programme: 240 ECTS
First Cycle Degree Programmes DS Samples
Second Cycle Degree Programmes DS Samples